In this tutorial you will see how to develop a simple SugarCRM custom module, it provides a simple steps to create an installable SugarCRM module. We will not discuss about MVC, it is beyond the purpose of this document.
* Choose a name for your module for example Helloworld
* Create the module folder and name it Helloworld,
* Create the manifest file manifest.php [ For more detail about manifest file ]
* Create the directory application, under this directory create app_strings.php.
* Application strings contain the user interface labels displayed globally throughout the application.
* In Modules directory create the directory hw_helloworld (start the name of directory with hw, this is the module key)
* Create the folder language and under this folder create en_us.lang.php file
* These are strings used in the application.
* Create hw_helloworld.php file, this file contains bean class. In SugarCRM each module represents one table, and this table is represented by bean class which is derives from SugarBean class. SugarBean provides an interface to the database.
* Create the file vardefs.php: The Vardefs metadata file define fields attributes for the module. [ For more detail about Vardefs ]
* Create the file index.php
* Create a Helloworld.zip file from the directory
Now we will see how to install it
* Go to Admin -> Developer Tools
* Click on the Module Loader
* Browse to Helloworld.zip file and click Upload button
* Click on the Commit button
* If the module is installed successfully the screen above will be displayed
* Now you can access to module by clicking on the module's name in the menu and see the text Hello World !
Note: Please note that the source file of this article requires registration to download